4.18.2016

Golden Umbrella Holder

When it rains, perhaps you carry a brolly, umbrella, bumbershoot, parasol or gamp. No matter the name, I've got another easy DIY and the perfect spot to hold those useful shades until they are needed on rainy days!

Golden Umbrella Holder - Quick spray paint DIY - LeroyLime

A passed down treasure from my hubby's side of the family. It originally came with a lid but I chucked that awhile ago, when I figured out that this was the perfect umbrella holder. This project has been sitting in our garage just waiting for a coat of paint so it could be brought back into our sunroom and loved all over again. Projects like these are so simple and quick, I wonder why it takes me so long to do them!

Golden Umbrella Holder - Quick spray paint DIY - LeroyLime

Our sunroom has cheerful pops of turquoise, yellow and gold. What better color to paint something that will hold umbrellas for dreary rainy days than gold?! I flipped my pot over and sprayed in even light strokes, making sure to not keep my hand in one place for too long, to stay away from drips. After it dried in the sun, I flipped the pot upright and gave the top lip a quick spray. With just a few minutes of spraying and a few hours of drying time, this pot has a new cheerful spot in a corner of our sunroom and I think she looks pretty happy doing her job!

Golden Umbrella Holder - Quick spray paint DIY - LeroyLime

4 comments:

Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled said...

Family treasure aside, the solid gold is a much better upgrade! I wish it rained more here in the southwest so I could have a cute umbrella holder. Visiting from Made By You Monday.

Leslie said...

Spray paint is a wonderful tool, isn't i? We're in need of an umbrella holder, too. Would love to know rough dimnsions of your pot to know what the proper size is.

Jessa said...

Gold makes everything better! Love it!

Mimi said...

Dawn I love a bit of gold and glam! Thankyou for sharing this at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. I've featured your pretty post and hope you'll join us again today. Love, Mimi xxx