6.09.2016

Chalk Painted Octopus

Who doesn't love a little octopus? I picked up this wooden guy at Home Goods awhile back when I was starting to pull things together for my kiddos shared bathroom and hid it away for a rainy day. 

Chalk Painted Octopus - easy redo - LeroyLime the Blog

Once I painted their bathroom, the current color of Guy, the octopus, wasn't what I wanted (I had always planned to paint it anyway), so I quickly slapped a coat of WHITE chalk paint on it...

Chalk Painted Octopus - easy redo - LeroyLime the Blog


and then another. After it was fully dry, I quickly sanded down the edges with an electric sander. No wax or poly was used on guy, so this project was quickly finished and hung in their bathroom. Isn't he cute?! So glad the warm weather is back, it means paint dries faster!

Chalk Painted Octopus - easy redo - LeroyLime the Blog



3 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

Jess said...

What a cute idea!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

DIY Crush Blog said...

Too cute!!! It needs eyes!! lol...Thanks for sharing at the DIY Crush Craft party on Thursdays!! Hope you can make it again this week!