9.21.2016

DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art

If you are looking to customize some artwork for a room makeover, look no further than scrap wood, chalk paint and an inexpensive vinyl decal. This DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art is one of my favorites, that I made for our neighbors teen daughter's room makeover. 

DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art - LeroyLime


When cleaning out my craft room, I found two rolls of vinyl decals that had been purchased somewhere for $1.99 each and since they hadn't been used yet, I decided to turn them into customized wall art for Victoria. Her room is done in black and white with pops of teal, so I pulled three colors of chalk paint from my stash, cut some sponge pieces and found this perfectly sized piece of scrap wood in the garage.

I started with the lighter color first and daubed away...Going back over sections that needed more paint and then carefully marrying them together where they met. Once it was completely dry, I cut out the Eiffel Tower decal and placed in on the ombre' background. Make sure you have a clean cotton cloth handy to press out any air bubbles. Then a coat of polycrylic to seal everything together and help prevent the decal from coming off in the future.

Victoria was so thrilled with this one, she requested I paint a large wooden V the same way, I'll post that project once it's complete.

DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art - LeroyLime

Paint Colors:
Folk Art Home Decor Chalk 34158 - Grotto
Ultra Matte Acrylic Paint

Folk Art Home Decor Chalk 34803 - Patina
Ultra Matte Acrylic Paint

Waverly Inspirations Chalk
60718E IVORY
Acrylic Paint Matte Finish

Check out this DIY jewelry holder that now hangs in Victoria's room too!

DIY Jewelry Holder - LeroyLime







4 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This wall art you made came out great!
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
We hope to see you again!
Julie

Jess said...

I LOVE this! SO cute!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Vanessa said...

What a fun wall art and the jewelry is a great idea as well. This would be great in my room. Thank you for sharing your post at Dishing it and Digging it link party.We love having you.

Mary K.- The Boondocks Blog said...

That looks stunning. The addition of the color in the background makes it pop and adds lots more interest to the Eiffel tower. Great job. Pinning.