10.13.2016

Gold Dipped Painted Letters - Teacher Gift

Looking for a golden way to thank your teachers this Christmas? These gold dipped painted letters are a great craft that your kids can paint in a jiffy!


I picked up the letters from a craft store, they are lightweight and made of hollow cardboard. The paint, I had on hand..just pulled out the colors and let my kids pick the ones they'd like to use. Paper plates made a great spot for paint, easy clean up and you only have brushes to clean.


The gold dipping is actually just a touch of spray paint, I waited a day to make sure the letters were completely dry before taping off the ends with green painter's tape and used a magazine to protect the rest of the letter from the gold spray. 


I thought they turned out super cute and my kids were very proud of their painting skills. 
You can't start thinking about Christmas gifts too early and if you start now, you won't be as frantic in December - happy painting!!

"anatomy of a gold dipped painted letter"






1 comment:

Jess said...

These are so neat!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!