10.21.2015

Elmo Rainbow Party (on the cheap)

I'm not a huge character fan *insert gasp here...but you can't help but fall in love with Elmo
and that's exactly what every one of my four kiddos has done!



I was standing in the party aisle at Wally World trying to come up with something crafty and found these fun chevron rainbow colored plates, perfect for a rainbow themed little girl's Birthday and of course with the color red, I was able to fit Elmo into the theme!



 I snatched up the last of the mini paper rosettes at .70 cents per pack of two, a total steal in my book and promptly went home to punch out elmo features to make his face. I used two different sized circle punches for his eyes, an oval for the nose and a large circle that I cut with my Big Shot and xl Sizzix circle die and then trimmed in half for the mouth. Because the rosettes have gaps, hot glue was the best way to adhere the pieces onto the rosettes.

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)


 Streamers are a fun way to add color inexpensively to any space, so I hung mine in a rainbow pattern, first covering a piece of artwork with a red vinyl table cloth so it didn't show through.

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)

 I can't take credit for the cupcakes...they were already frosted in primary colors and the elmo cupcake toppers were also found at Wally World in the party aisle. 

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)

Here are a few more shots of decorations, our 2 year old was a very happy camper and LOVED all the Elmo's. The Happy Birthday Rainbow banner is one I now have listed in my LeroyLime Etsy shop, you can view that HERE. The two rainbow colored paper balls were also in the party aisle at Wally World. Wally World for the win!! And a party wouldn't be complete without gobs of balloons!

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)

Elmo Rainbow Party Ideas (on the cheap)




7 comments:

Sandra Lee said...

This is adorable! I love the way you have used the space in your home and budget friendly items. Great Job!!

Judy said...

Cute decorations

Anonymous said...

Cute! If you don't mind my asking, where did you find your console table (hallway table)? Love how rustic it is!

Chelsea @ The Johnsons Plus Dog said...

Such a cute party!! Love the little Elmo faces. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - hope to see you again next week.

Tracy Snyder said...

Saw your link at Welcome Home Wednesdays Linky Party. Very cute party decorations. Elmo was a fave of my now 18 year old :)

Sassy Lemonade said...

Elmo! Such a Cute Party <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this informative post.
I'm a long time reader but I've never left a comment.
I've bookmarked your website and shared this on Twitter.
Thanks again for a really good post!