3.07.2014

DIY Baby Food

I'm no foodie BUT I had to post about this...it only took me 4 
kiddos to finally make my own baby food and WOW, was it ever easy!

One of my friends said, "if you can boil water, you
can make baby food" and she was right!

I didn't have ice cube trays, so decided to use the
next best thing...a mini cupcake tin
I used a small cookie scoop to dish them up, 
covered with cellophane and popped the entire tray
in the freezer. In the morning, I popped the frozen 
balls out of the tray and put them in a ziplock freezer bag.

I put a few in the fridge for the next day in small baby containers
and they are the perfect size to reheat and add a bit of rice cereal to
to thicken as desired.


- Applesauce -
My first batch of apples, I didn't add anything spices to
but my second batch I added a bit of cinnamon and
she gobbled them up!


- Broccoli and Carrots -
I just brought the water to a boil, steamed the 
veggies for about six minutes and then threw it in
the mini food processor, it blended perfectly.


- Butternut Squash -
I added a bit of butter and a teaspoon of orange juice
to each half after cleaning out the seeds
and placed this in the oven open side up
covered with tin foil.
Bake for 1-1/2 hrs at 350.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've added this to the
Look What I Made
Linky Party

No comments: