10.23.2012

Orange Organza Fall Wreath

Organza DIY Fall Wreath - LeroyLime

I've been so inspired by all the fun wreaths out there in internet lala land that I decided to make another to add to my fall/halloween decor. I picked up everything I needed at Joann's Fabric Store (only because Hobby Lobby was closed that day) and got to work cutting strips of organza. 

Organza DIY Fall Wreath - LeroyLime

I started off tying two dark, one light orange and so on...until I ran out of organza and there my wreath sat (for about two weeks, mind you) till I remembered to pick up two more rolls.

Organza DIY Fall Wreath - LeroyLime

The black flower was in the dollar bin at Joann's and I picked it up, thinking it would be a fun addition to just pin onto the finished wreath. After fluffing and spinning the knots this way and that, so as to disguise them a bit, I hung this sweet little "fall" paper banner behind the wreath, with bakers twine.
Organza DIY Fall Wreath - LeroyLime
And here's my new DIY creation hanging on our front door...the perfect Welcome when we arrive HOME (and don't enter through the garage, haahaa)

Organza DIY Fall Wreath - LeroyLime

Happy Fall Y'all!!


I'm entering this wreath at the following blog linky parties:


10 comments:

Dani @ My Make-up and Beauty Obsession! said...

This is awesome! So simple but really effective, what a great idea! xx

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous!! I wish I was that crafty!

Kelly said...

This is adorable!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Alyssa @ Sweet Shangrila said...

Ooh I LOVE this wreath! So pretty and easy enough I could manage to make it :)

Unknown said...

I need to do something like this! I've seen so many great fall wreaths like yours and I need to get off my butt and make one!! Love the colors!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

I loves it! Its so fluffy and cute! :D

amy iles-moore said...

this is a great wreath and you could use other colors for other seasons. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Seriously such a cute and festive idea!

Abby

Kimberly @ A Night Owl said...

great job girly! you know i love me some tulle! ;) did you see this one i did? great minds... http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/10/20-crafty-days-of-halloween-pumpkin-tulle-wreath/

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Love this! It's so fun for Halloween!